Monday, January 26, 2015

My Name Is Hope

I have seen two decades, the world at war and technology changing,
I am a 90s baby.
We are the last of our kind, but also the first.
We grew up in a generation of playing outside,
Yet we became known in a world of technology.


I have felt the pain of a nation when those towers fell,
I am daddy’s little girl, living in a terror filled world.
We were too young to understand.
We wanted to tell mommy to stop crying,
Yet we were too scared to move.


I have heard people around me fight cancer, battle disease, and react to Ebola,
I am a teenager in these desperate times.
We are the worlds hope for the future.
We are looked down upon,
Yet they expect so much from us.


I am a living Hope for a nation,
I am a child of God.
We are the last of a decade.
We are the last of the 90s babies,
Yet we are a living hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment