Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Technology or Bible?

Now days our lives depend on technology; it seems we can’t go a moment without checking our phones or computers. But is all this “checking of our phones” good? I’m not going to get deep into statics or any of that because that’s not my point. My point is that instead of checking our phones why not check our Bible? Ya I know, that’s a real Sunday school answer, but hang in there with me. I know I check my phone every chance I get, maybe its a text, a snap chat, Facebook, iFunny or Twitter. What would happen if I checked my Bible as often as my phone? I would know the Bible pretty well...I would have a lot of verses memorized.
Now I’ve got you thinking. What's the purpose of memorizing Bible verses? If you're anything like me, you like to meet new people. But there;s a price to doing that; not everyone is a Christian. At some point they’ll figure out youre a Christian, maybe they’ll accept it and ask you about it and become a Christian, or, maybe they’ll go after you. We’ve been preparing for days such as these for years, this is where knowing your Bible comes into play. They’ll test you, mock you, say the Bible is a lie. Fire back at them verses, be Jesus with skin on, let your light shine.
I ask you this: Do you know your Bible? Or do you know everything that's happening on Facebook right now. I can’t tell you which is better to know, that's something you need to figure out on your own. I’m not against technology, I’m for it, but only the good of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment