Monday, November 30, 2015

To The Girl He Loved After Me

To The Girl He Loved After Me

I used to hate hearing your name.

It tore me apart thinking about how you'd be at his house each night. How you'd be the girl he was holding and not me.

I'd get so jealous when I saw the instagram photos and see how happy he was with you and thinking, why her? Why not me?

I thought I knew him best, I thought he was the one.

Was.

It used to be us, sitting downstairs in his couch, cuddling, watching a movie when his little brother would jump on us. He would always let his little brother sit with us.

Then his mom would bring us cookies and milk. His mother is so kind, he loves her more than he will ever love you or me.

His mom loved me, I was the daughter she never had. But now, she has you.

I shouldn't have given up on him so early, I shouldn't have gotten insecure and demanded impossible things.

I shouldn't have said goodbye and I'll always regret it.

Regret.

We fell apart. I found a new love before he did, I could move on but I didn't want him to.

But he did.

I wished you were ugly. Had some terrible life. I wished you didn't take such cute pictures or have such a fun life.

But, you did.

I remember the first time he told me he loved me. I said some terrible joke and he said "haha, that's why I love you" he didn't mean to say it. In fact he ran around the room screaming saying it was an accident. Then he pulled me in close.

It was the greatest accident he and I ever had.

But know I've moved on. I've found a love that even I can't explain. And you found him.

Treat him right.

Love him more than I ever did. He was mine for 6 months, make him yours for 60 years.

I pray it works out better than it did between him and I.

Love,
      -The Girl He Loved Before You


No comments:

Post a Comment